- DATE :
- REGION :
Africa’s Top 30 Tech Startups Competition by Accenture
Africa’s Top 30 Tech Startups is an initiative by Accenture to identify the top tech start-ups on the continent.
Accenture is looking for those startups founded by Africans, that are solving problems in business, government, and civil society. They believe in championing startups, accelerating digital transformation, driving innovation and helping to unlock Africa’s abundance for all!
Entries for Africa’s Top 30 Tech Startups will be adjudicated by a diverse panel including academics, corporate sector specialists and representatives from the innovation ecosystem. Survey findings will result in a study identifying success factors for African startups.
The initiative is run by Accenture Africa and publishing partner Forbes.
Globally, new ecosystems of diverse players are forming to solve social and business problems. Some of the most pivotal players in these ecosystems are disruptive new digital and specialized technology solution providers, they offer cheaper and faster development times, innovative products and services, and new paths to market.
As a Firestarter, you will:
- – Join the global Accenture Open Innovation network, membership to this network allows your tech product to be considered for other opportunities across the globe through Accenture.
- – Gain media exposure as one of Africa’s Top 30 Tech Startups.
- – Participate in an Accenture led corporate market access week in Johannesburg, where you will be exposed to pitching techniques, client co-creation sessions and speed dates.
- – Be invited to Accenture led client workshops to co-create and pitch with Accenture’s project teams.
- – Have the opportunity to house your tech innovation in the Accenture Liquid Studio in Johannesburg, where we host multiple corporate workshops per week.
- – Network with corporates and key stakeholders in the entrepreneurial ecosystem at the exclusive awards dinner in Johannesburg, February 2019.
- – Be an African startup, founded by an African
- – Demonstrate innovation
- – Be a registered business
- – Be less than nine years old
Accenture is looking for startups:
- – That are closing significant market gaps
- – Whose core businesses demonstrate innovation
- – That demonstrate exponential growth
- – Whose products or services are unconstrained by geography
- – The tech product must be market validated and at least have customers
- – The tech product must be piloted
- – Start-ups can be pre or post profit
As for the judging process, once the application period ends on 7th October, there will be two phases. The first will involve quantitative assessments, and the second will whittle down all the entrants into the Top 30.
The list of top startups will be finalised 30th November and announced alongside the survey results in the February/March 2019 edition of Forbes Magazine.
Apply here before October 7th, 2018.
Read more here.