- DATE :
- REGION :
Architecture Competition for Dar Al Uloum Library in KSA
Apply HERE (down the page)
Deadline: April 15, 2018.
The Abdulrahman Al Sudairy Cultural Centre (AACC) is hosting an international open competition for the redevelopment of the existing Dar Al-Uloum Public Library and surrounding campus located in Sakaka, Al Jouf Region. The call for a redevelopment stems from a desire to reinvigorate new life into the library in order to make the Centre once again a meaningful public place to promote learning and community engagement.
The intent of the competition is to select a design team to enter into a contract of Design Development and Implementation Phase, which is to be developed in accordance to the submitted Schematic Design proposal. Design proposals should aim to renovate and rehabilitate the existing library and to incorporate elements of the old to be preserved in the new design.
The competition to redesign the Dar Al-Uloum library will support AACC to continue serving its mission to provide interactive cultural and informative programs and services to the local community.
- All teams that fulfill the qualification requirements are eligible to participate:
A minimum of one person and / or a legal entity which are in legal capacity to practice architecture in their country of registration.
- 1st Prize 50,000 USD + contract
- 2nd Prize 37,500 USD
- 3rd Prize 25,000 USD
- The language of the competition brief and the competition is English.
- All explanatory text and additional texts (headings, labels, legends, etc.) shall be in English.
- All official documents to be submitted shall be in English.
- All questions submitted shall be in English and all responses will be posted in English.
Eight landscape A0 panels (841 x 1189 mm)
- Site plan, scale 1:500
- All floor plans, scale 1:200
- Minimum 2 sections, scale 1:200
- All main elevations, scale 1:200
- At least four 3D representations
- Technical conceptual sections
- Additional diagrams
- 1000 word text file
- Summary text file
All applicants must register online through our website in order to join the mailing list and receive necessary updates for the competition. Applicants will also receive a numerical competition code following registration which will be used for marking submissions to ensure anonymity of all submission.
More information HERE