- DATE :
- REGION :
Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge 2019
Cisco’s third annual Global Problem Solver Challenge aims to recognize new business ideas that leverage technology for social impact from student entrepreneurs around the world. The Challenge is open to students and recent alumni from any college or university.
Cisco is committed to positively impacting 1 billion people by 2025. As part of their work, they seek to inspire and empower a generation of global problem solvers who will not only survive – but drive and thrive – in our increasingly digital economy.
$300,000 USD in prize money will help accelerate the adoption of breakthrough technology, products, and services that drive economic development and/or solve social or environmental problems.
If your solution uses digital technology to positively impact society or the environment, consider entering. Areas of impact include, but are not limited to, critical human needs like water or food security, healthcare, financial inclusion, education, accessibility, and the environment.
This Contest is open and offered only to (1) individuals age eighteen years or older at the time of registration (“Individual Participant”), 2) teams of up to five individuals age eighteen years or older at the time of registration (“Team Participant”), and (3) legal business entities (“Business Entity Participant”) satisfying the following requirements:
– Individual Participant. Individuals must be either (a) current students at any post-secondary institution, or (b) recent graduates who completed a post-secondary degree after March 1, 2017.
– Team Participant. A minimum of fifty percent (50%) of the individual members comprising a team must be either (a) current students at any post-secondary institution, or (b) recent graduates who completed a post-secondary degree after March 1, 2017.
– Business Entity Participant. Business entities must be at least 25 percent (25%) owned by (a) current students at any post-secondary institution, and/or (b) recent graduates who completed a post-secondary degree after March 1, 2017. Business Participants may be required, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to provide proof of business ownership for verification purposes.
For participants to be eligible, at least half of the team’s members must be students currently enrolled at a post-secondary institution or have received a degree after March 1, 2017.
Eligible solutions (technologies, products or services) must:
– Incorporate Internet of Things (IoT) or digital technologies as part of the solution
– Have a positive social, environmental or economic impact (e.g. health, education, accessibility, critical human needs (food, water, disaster response/recovery, safety, etc.).
Prizes and benefits
1) $100,000 USD Grand Prize
A single team will be designated the grand prize winner.
2) $75,000 USD First Runner Up
A single team will be designated first runner up.
3) $25,000 USD Second Runners Up
Three teams will be designated the Second Runners Up and will receive $25,000 USD each.
4) $10,000 USD Third Runners Up
Four teams will be designated the Third Runners Up and will receive $10,000 USD each.
5) $10,000 USD People’s Choice
The finalist entry that receives the most votes will receive the People’s Choice Award.
In addition to a cash infusion to develop your solution, it will be reviewed by Cisco technology experts and high-profile judges. You’ll receive peer and industry validation for your solution, as well as have a great opportunity for global recognition and publicity.
Application process and deadline
To enter the contest, complete the registration form here. Apply before January 11, 2019.
Winners will be announced on May 20, 2019.
Read more here.