- DATE :
- REGION :
Photo competition form the International Basketball Federation
Upload the photos here
Deadline: 16th June 2018
To fulfill its cultural and sporting ambition, the International Basketball Foundation (‘IBF’), whose role is to preserve and promote FIBA values and its cultural heritage, has decided to organize the FIBA photo contest
The Contest will be a unique opportunity for all keen photographers and basketball lovers to show their talents. As a participant in the contest, you need to send to the IBF, your three (3) best photos in link with the themes chosen by IBF. The forty (40) best photos selected by the jury will be exhibited temporarily at the House of Basketball, in the FIBA world headquarters in Mies (Switzerland). The opening of the exhibition will take place on June 16th, 2018. The exhibition will end on October 30th, 2018.
The chosen themes are as followed:
- Basketball is Everywhere
- Basketball a Universal Language
The submitted photos need to represent, in a digital format, one of these two (2) themes and its link with basketball
- A. The Contest is open to everyone regardless of age, nationality and country of residence. Participants under 18 years of age are responsible for ensuring that their submission is in compliance with the legal requirements of their country. Minors are deemed to have received their parents’ or legal guardian’s prior approval for their participation in this Contest. The approval must be joined to the registration.
- B. Participation in the Contest is free of charge.
- C. Collaborators of the IBF and of FIBA are excluded from participation in the Contest.
- D. The Contest is open from January 1st, 2018 until April 30th, 2018 at midnight (GMT/UTC). After this date and time, submissions will no longer be taken into consideration.
- A. A jury will select the forty (40) best photographs to be exhibited at the House of Basketball, the world headquarters of FIBA from 16th, June 2018 to 30th, October 2018.
- B. The IBF jury will reward the authors of the ten (10) best photographs as well as the most popular photograph, with the following prizes:
- 1st Prize: 3’000 CHF
- 2nd Prize: 2’000 CHF
- 3rd Prize: 1’000 CHF
- 4th to 10th Prize: FIBA OFFICIAL LICENCE PRODUCTS
- C. The forty best photos selected by the judges, will need to fill out a form with technical information of the photo. This will be sent directly by email.
- D. The IBF reserves the right to replace prizes at any time with similar prizes of the same objective value and to exclude participants at its own discretion. This applies in particular to any attempt to manipulate or violate these General Conditions of Participation. Any decision regarding the award of prizes will be final, without appeal or review.
- E. The winners will be announced on June 17th, 2018 on the contest website as well as on the FIBA website. They will also be informed personally by e-mail by the IBF..
- F. The IBF reserves the right to contact the winning Participants by telephone or other methods in order to confirm the Participant’s contact details.
For more info click here