- DATE :
- REGION :
Start Up Energy Transition Award
The Start Up Energy Transition Award is an international competition for start-ups and young companies worldwide who are working on ideas affecting global energy transition and climate change.
Start Up Energy Transition (SET) is an international platform supporting innovation in energy transition. The initiative brings together the most outstanding international start-ups in the field of energy together with key stakeholders in the energy sector.
National and international companies that contribute to the success of the energy transition with their products can apply for the ‘Start Up Energy Transition Award’ (‘SET Award’). There are five different categories applicants can present their projects in, all with the aim of clean energy promotion. The three most promising start-ups in each category will pitch their business ideas at the annual summit – the SET Tech Festival – which brings an impressive network together on April 09, 2019.
Category 1: Low-Carbon Energy Production
Category 2: Intelligent Grids, Platforms & Cyber Security
Category 3: Energy Efficiency, Smart Devices & Storage
Category 4: Innovative Mobility
Category 5: Special Prize: Quality Access & SDG-7
Read more about the categories here.
Perks & Prizes
– For all Participants: join the global platform of innovation leaders; see your views represented in the Energy Innovators Issues Monitor; Inform and influence policies that will boost innovation.
– For the #SET100 2019 (includes Finalist & Winners): the Top 100-ranked applicants will be offered the opportunity to participate and showcase at the 24th World Energy Congress 2019 in Abu Dhabi. Sponsored by the Dubai Electricity and Water Authority, this incredible opportunity includes travel and accommodation expenses, and a showcase space for invitees.
– For all Finalists: return-flight to Berlin, and accommodation for 2 representatives of the start-up or innovation project to attend the Tech Festival; Pitch coaching; Meet-and-greet with high-level jury, Individual booth at Tech Festival; Live pitches at Tech Festival; Investor-matchmaking; Tickets to the Berlin Energy Transition Dialogue (BETD); Content creation: interviews and branding in all communication material. In addition, start-ups will have the opportunity to attend the World Energy Leaders’ Summits.
– Winners of each category: maximum 10.000 Euros prize money; Participation on the winners’ panel at the Berlin Energy Transition Dialogue (BETD), Profile of start-up celebrated across the World Energy Council’ s global energy network in 99 countries.
1. Applicants may only apply to one category. All subsequent applications to other categories will be disqualified. This also applies to the Special Prize: Quality Access & SDG-7.
2. The start-up or innovation project must not have been founded longer than ten years ago. In other words, the date of foundation cannot exceed 2008.
3. The application, including any attached documents and pitch decks, must be in English.
Deadline: January 31, 2019
Terms and Conditions available here.