- DATE :
- REGION :
World of WearableArt (WOW) Designer Competition 2018
World of WearableArt invites you to enter the internationally renowned design competition. Bring your work of art to life, on stage, for the whole world to see in 2018. For 30 years, World of WearableArt has bewitched and beguiled. Now, for this very special anniversary event, we’re once again calling on designers, artists and creators everywhere to bring to life the worlds that live in your mind for this truly international design competition.
Perhaps you have entered before, and have been waiting for this special commemoration to return. Perhaps you enter regularly – in which case, the six worlds that have been created this year provide new scope for your art. You may never have entered before. What an extraordinary occasion on which to make your debut. In three decades, our community of designers, artists and creators have changed how our audiences see life. They have put themselves on stage in a theatrical spectacular for the whole world to see.
Prizes: The 2018 WOW Design Competition offers over $ 170,000 in prize money. All prizes are in New Zealand dollars.
- the contest is open to anyone over the age of 18
- for an entry to be eligible for the First-Time Entrant Awards, all members of a design team must be first-time entrants
- to be eligible for the Student Innovation Award, all members of a design team must be current tertiary students or have graduated within the 12 months before March 28, 2018 and each must provide a copy of their most recent student identification when the garment is submitted to WOW
- to be eligible for the Sustainable Award, 85% of the garment must be made from recycled materials and, at the allocated place in the online entry form, the designer must provide a written explanation of how and to what extent they have recycled the materials used in their entry.
- to be eligible for the Wearable Yechnology Award, the garment must demonstrate innovative and original use of technology in constructon and/or processes and the designer must provide a written explanation of how and to what extent they used technology innovatively in their entre, at the allocated place in their online entre form
- for an entry to be eligible for the New Zealand Design Award, all members of a design team must be citizens or permanent residents of New Zealand
- for an entry to be eligible for one of the Wllington International Regional Awards, all members of a design team must be citizens or permanent residents of the same region: UK, Europe, Americas, Asia, Australia and Pacific.
- Interested applicants should complete the registration
- Applications can register as a team. Every designer within a team must be registered but only ONE member needs to create and submit the entry on their behalf.