- DATE :
- REGION :
Visa for Music 2018 for artists from Africa and The Middle East
Registration form HERE
Visa For Music (VFM) is the first professional market of Africa and Middle-East musics : it is a new event born in 2013 and organizing its 4th edition in 2017, with 30 showcases at the center of the project, but also conferences, documentary projections, speed-meetings, workshops and trainings.
This project was born from a paradox : on the one hand, the lack of visibility for African and Middle-Eastern artists at an international level and, on the other hand, a very important artistic dynamism and musical creation from these musicians. To fight against this problem, Visa For Music has as first goal to highlight the artistic creation of Africa and the Middle-East, first of all regarding the world music and actual music.
- Visa For Music is aimed at professionals of the music industry, more specifically: Artists and groups, Independent and major labels, Producers and broadcasters, Publishers and distributors, Theaters and festivals, Artistic directors, managers, agents, tour organizers
- Be an artist from Africa or the Middle East
- Applicants must be over 18 years of age
- The material sent must be exempted from customs duties and labeled “promotional material with no commercial value”. If not, VFM will not consider them.
- Results will be published on the VFM website starting from July.
- If a band is selected, VFM will request exclusive performance rights for 30 days and within a 200km radius of the meeting.
- Bands performances should not exceed 45min and are aimed at music professionals.
To apply for the 5th edition of Visa For Music, you must send all the document listed below. Incomplete applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Completed registration form
- The Visa For Music rules signed
- 2 CDs of the artist / group: either 2 different albums or 2 copies of the same album by post or a wetransfer with all the pieces
- Press kit (presentation text, biography, discography)
- Technical rider
The sending of the albums and other documents required for your application by mail post to the following address will be highly appreciated:
Visa For Music
No. 3, Imm 2, Soussa Street,
Hassan – Rabat
- VFM will provide the venue for showcases
- VFM will provide all the necessary equipment for band perfomances
- For selected artists VFM will bear the following expenses for 6 persons at the most:
- hotel expenses in twin rroms for 2 nights maximum (including breakfeast) for international bands and twin rooms for 1 night maximum for national bands living in 300km away from Rabat.
- A fee of 1000 MAD per artist for a maximum of 6 people per group for the duration of the event. (fees reserved exclusively for artists and 1 manager or 1 technician).
- all local transport costs related to the performance
- passes giving access to concerts and all activities for the whole duration of the event Presence in VFM’s official catalogue and official website.
- Artists will be featured on the VFM official catalogue and website
- For each selected band VFM will award 1 VIP pass to one person representing the band.