- DATE :
- REGION :
Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarships – SOAS University of London
Thanks to the generosity of the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable trust, three Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarships have been established for African Students (African nationals and resident in Africa), who wish to undertake a taught masters course at SOAS
Each Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarship covers tuition fees in full and provides a maintenance grant of £7,000.
In addition to this, International Student’s House (ISH) provides free accommodation and a food scholarship. The scholarship recipient must reside at International Student House during the whole of your course. ISH is an independent educational charity that runs a large student hostel near the School, together with social facilities for international students in London. It has a close association with the University of London. You should also be aware that in return for the residential scholarship, ISH expects their scholarship students to play an active role in the life of ISH. In addition you may be asked to work on a voluntary basis within the House for a few hours each month.
The Ferguson scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic merit.
Students offered an Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarship must take it up in the academic year 2019/20 and it cannot be carried forward to a later year.
- Be nationals of and resident in an African country
- Hold an undergraduate degree at the first class level
- Hold an offer of admission to pursue one of the eligible programmes by the scholarship deadline. Priority may be given to applicants with unconditional offers. If your offer is conditional, please ensure you meet the conditions as soon as possible.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2019. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirement as soon as possible.
- Scholarship applications must be received no later than 16:00 (UK local time) on 20 February 2019.
- You must also submit a complete online application to your programme. It is recommended to apply for the programme about six weeks BEFORE the scholarship deadline (that is, by 9 January 2019).Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
You can find more detailed info about the application process on the SOAS website.