- DATE :
- REGION :
Call for applications for PhD grants in Environment Sciences to France
Deadline: March 31, 2018.
The Energy and Environment Solutions initiative (E2S‐UPPA) is a substantial, multi‐year growth plan. Problem‐oriented, inter‐disciplinary and transverse research in Energy and Environment, is pursed while putting the emphasis on either industry relevance or high visibility in leading academic journals. Interests span over all areas of Energy and Environment, including but not limited to optimization of geo‐resources exploration and exploitation, optimization of energy storage, materials for renewable energy, composites for structural lightening, analytical and microbial environmental analysis for diagnostic and remediation, as well as evaluation of organisms adaptation to environmental stresses in evolving or controlled ecosystems, and social issues about energy and environment.
The E2S‐UPPA consortium gathering UPPA‐Inra‐Inria invites candidates to apply for 8 PhD grants.
We seek for outstanding candidates with a clear passion for research and who are excited by the opportunity to provide future solutions for energy and environment. Applications are invited from highly motivated candidates able to undertake a PhD project in all areas of Energy and Environment, connected to the research priorities of the laboratories hosted by the consortium:
- The Institute of Analytical Sciences and Physico‐Chemistry for Environment and Materials (IPREM has developed over the last 10 years sound experience in analytical and physicochemical activities for environment and materials science.
- The Pluridisciplinary Institute for Applied Research (IPRA) favors collaborative research (mathematics, physics and chemistry, geosciences and numerical modelling) strongly focused on geo‐resources exploration, modelling and production, sustainable construction and aeronautics.
- The research federation Aquatic Environments and Resources (MIRA) drives the activities of biologists, chemists, mathematicians and physicists on natural and controlled aquatic environments and their biological resources.
- Through major interdisciplinary efforts with social sciences, Pau Droit Public (PDP) and the PASSAGES units conduct public law development and societal research related to the energy and environmental transitions.
The indicative list of innovative topics to be tackled by applicants is appended on the last page of this call.
- Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Entrance requirements: candidates must hold a Master’s degree, or equivalent degree, with outstanding records.
- English language requirements: applicants whose first language is not French or English are usually required to provide proofs of proficiency of the required language skills.
- Required competencies: Applicants are expected to show outstanding commitment connected to the research priorities of the laboratories hosted by the consortium.
Required documents to apply:
- Cover letter ‐ 1‐3 pages where you introduce yourself and present your qualifications and achievements, and emphasis on future goals and research focus.
- Are there any specific projects and research issues you are primarily interested in (see list at the end of this call)? To be indicated in the motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae.
- Copies of certificates of any academic degrees and marks reports during their master studies; for candidates with a Master’s degree in progress during the 2017‐2018 academic year, please join marks and rankings corresponding to the first semester of the M2.
- Copies of certificates of French and/or English languages skills (for non French or English speaking applicants).
- Two letters of recommendation.
More information HERE