- DATE :
- REGION :
D-Prize Global Competition 2018
Applications are open for the second D-Prize Global Competition of 2018. D-Prize funds new entrepreneurs who increase access to proven poverty interventions.
Many solutions to poverty already exist. The challenge is distributing these solutions to the people who need it most. D-Prize programs produce new “distribution entrepreneurs” – social entrepreneurs who start new ventures that distribute proven life-enhancing technologies to millions of people living in extreme poverty.
Can you design a business or NGO that solves one of the Distribution Challenges below?
- Girls’ Education
- Global Health
- Governance and Infrastructure
- Significantly increase access to life-enhancing technologies in the developing world – and prove an impact in a measurable way.
- Encourage young entrepreneurs to focus their talent on the developing world, pilot new solutions to distribution problems, and launch new social ventures.
- Encourage a global dialogue on the importance of leveraging distribution solutions for development. D-Prize believes the path to development is through solving distribution.
If selected, you will receive up to $20,000 to launch a pilot in any region where extreme poverty exists.
D-Prize is for aspiring entrepreneurs from anywhere in the world, of any age, and any background.
D-Prize will consider funding existing organizations only if: you are piloting a new distribution-focused initiative, and you need high risk capital.
- The Global Competition launched on September 4th, 2018.
- Early Submission Deadline: October 14th, 2018 at midnight PT (pacific time)
- Regular Submission Deadline: November 4th, 2018 at midnight PT (pacific time)
- Extension Deadline (limited to 400 people who register): November 25th, 2018 at midnight PT (pacific time)
Read the instructions to apply here.