- DATE :
- REGION :
empowering people. Award 2019
Siemens Stiftung has launched empowering people. Award 2019, calling on social entrepreneurs and developers from across the world to submit their projects with impact.
The award identifies and supports low-tech solutions that address crucial basic needs sectors in developing regions. Technologies entering the competition should be simple, feasible, embedded in a social business model, and deliver sustainable support to a local community in one of the following eight categories:
- Education & Training
- Financial Technology
- Food & Agriculture
- Mobility & Infrastructure
- Waste Management
- Water & Sanitation
Main winners: 50,000€, 30,000€, 20,000€
Runners-up: 7 x 10,000€ each
Special WASH Award supported by Knorr Bremse Global Care: 20,000€
Community Prize: 10,000€
Additional benefits: All winners gain from a long-term membership in empowering people. Network that offers various support opportunities plus the solutions will be endorsed in the online Solutions Database to bring them under an international spotlight enhancing scope and impact.
- Technology: Technical functionality and feasibility, Environmental performance
- Social impact: Potential to help solve basic supply problems, Income generation, job and training opportunities
- Business: Business model and financial resource, Proof of Concept, Financial planning and scaling options
- Team: Team competence and experience, organizational structure
- empowering people. Award is open for individuals, teams, organizations or enterprises from any region in the world who comply with the terms & conditions of the award.
- A submitting enterprise has to follow values such as fairness, social responsibility and must not be a microfinance institution, private equity fund, or deposit taking institution Employees of Siemens Stiftung, Intellecap and AT-Association are excluded from the competition.
The competition will be awarded in spring 2019.