Open Call 2018: Courageous Citizens
DEADLINE: 9th May 2018
The European Cultural Foundation is offering Research and Development Grant to support ideas creating positive change and equality at the local, regional and global level. There are many examples of courageous citizens drawing on culture and creativity as a way of contributing to better ways of living together. These individuals or collectives work with their communities, peers, policy-makers or institutions, and include unheard or dissenting voices.
The European Cultural Foundation believes these courageous citizens can inspire the creation of models, movements and policies, acknowledging the role culture can play in making positive change. Your ideas might have the potential to develop into an inspiring project in the (near) future.
The Research and Development Grant provides seed money that offers you the opportunity to explore new and daring concepts. We actively support your knowledge development by introducing an “Idea Incubator Workshop” as a key element of this grant scheme.
• Applicants can be individuals or representatives of an organisation and can make one application, per person or organisation.
• Ideas must be submitted in English and attendees must have a comfortable proficiency in English in order to participate in the Idea Incubator Workshop.
• Applicants should be over the age of 18.
• In case of an online project, proposals should have an offline component.
• Applicants cannot apply for a grant if they are already receiving any funds from ECF during the same funding period (e.g. Tandem, Step grant etc).
• The call is open to individuals and representatives of collectives/organisations who are from the private, public or civil sector and are based or active in EU/ EFTA Member States and in the wider European neighbourhood (please see list of eligible countries below).
• The idea must be a new activity or plan; it can come from (or spin off) an earlier project as long as it is clearly a new development and not a realisation of an ongoing project.
The Research and Development Grant- the funding period is 14 months. Each grant will consist of a maximum of €10,000 and we can support 30 ideas-in-development.