- DATE :
- REGION :
The Science and Language Mobility Scheme Africa
Deadline: 8th May 2018
The Science and Language Mobility Scheme Africa is a programme for the English and French speaking researchers from Africa to undertake scientific research in language regions other than their own. The five-year programme is a collaboration between the African Academy of Sciences, Welcome and Institute Pasteur providing travel grants for short-term visits of up to six months to African researchers. At the AAS, the scheme will be implemented through the Alliance for Accelerating Excellence in Science in Africa (AESA).
- Travel grants for short term visits of up to six months
- Increase in Intra-Africa research collaboration between English and French-speaking African scientists
- To allow scientists to learn from each other and better address the health and development challenges facing the continent
- The award will cover directly incurred costs up to $20,000 for duration of up to 6 months
In order to be eligible for the fund, one should:
- Be a citizen of an African country
- Be based in Africa
- Be affiliated with a recognised academic, medical or research institution that is part of either the DELTAS Africa, H3Africa, or Institut Pasteur networks. For-profit organisations are not eligible
- The call is also open to non-African investigators who must be resident in Africa (evidence may be requested), have an appointment/affiliation with an African institution, and their residence and tenure of service with the appointing African institution should cover the duration of the award.
- Possess a PhD or postdoctoral fellowship or equivalent research qualification/professional experience.
- Hold a permanent or fixed-term contract in an eligible institution which must span the duration of the exchange.
Eligible Regions: African Countries