- DATE :
- REGION :
Head of IT – Government / Regulatory Body-Michael Page
The Group Head of IT will provide technology vision and leadership in the development and implementation of the affiliate-wide IT program.
You will lead the business in planning and implementing enterprise information systems to support both distributed and centralised production and business operation.
We are working with a leading government backed regulatory body with varied interests across multiple sectors and fantastic achievements across all of their markets. As a result of truly exciting positive changes this leadership role has been created to help shape the ambitious future strategy of the wider business and help move them to the next level.
* Manage the implementation of all information systems.
* Approve, coordinate and control all projects related to selection, acquisition, development and installation of major information systems for the affiliate.
* Provide advice on evaluation, selection, implementation and maintenance of the information systems, ensuring appropriate investment in strategic and operational systems.
* Develop and maintain corporate policies and standards aimed at maximising effectiveness and minimising costs related to the acquisition, implementation and operation of IT systems.
* Develop and monitor the approved annual operating and capital budgets for information and technology systems.
* Develop and maintain the system architecture, defining standards and protocols for data exchange, communications, software and interconnection or any network information systems.
* Coordinate and manage reporting needs and data analysis for the affiliate.
* Develop and maintain system recovery plan in the event of power failure, damage to systems etc.
* Communicate IS/IT plans, policies and technology trends throughout the organisation, including management groups and professional staff.
In addition to being able to lead the technology direction of this great organisation, this senior role will pay an attractive tax-free salary and great benefits to the right candidate.
* Minimum 7 years’ experience with increasing responsibilities for management and support of ERP systems (SAP) and other IT – with direct management of a major IT operation preferred.
* Experience within government or regulatory industry a strong preference OR experience managing a central IT function for a conglomerate with a diverse business portfolio.
* Exposure to both shared and outsourced solutions, as well as support of in-house information and communication systems in a multi-site client-server environment.
* Strong knowledge of data processing methods and procedures.
* Business process analysis and redesign experience.
* Design, management and operation of managed IT systems.
* Knowledge of contracting, negotiating and the ability to create and manage change.
* Commercially astute with international or global experience as well as knowledge of and experience within a Middle East group of companies.
* Personal skills including – leadership, communication, negotiation and influence.
* Expertise in aligning and leveraging technology for the advantage of the enterprise.
About the company:
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.