- DATE :
- REGION :
World Food Programme-Programme Associate
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The incumbent will work in the “Programme Unit” of the Jordan Country Office. S/he will report to the Programme Policy Officer. To provide effective specialized support and technical analyses to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
- Completion of secondary school education.
- Bachelor’s degree, in the areas of agriculture, business, innovation, design, engineering, communication, international relations or related studies is an asset.
- At least five years of experience in Programme and Projects Implementation in the fields of agriculture, food or innovation.
- Experience working with vulnerable communities and people from different backgrounds and economic situations.
- Experience in research and analysis and working with technical teams (i.e. nutrition, VAM, etc.)
- Experience producing reports in English
- Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.
Knowledge and skills:
- Collaborative spirit able to liaise with a wide range of people at all levels and across different cultures and to act with credibility and diplomacy;
- Outstanding communication and organization skills as the role involves significant interaction with international WFP staff located worldwide;
- Strong time management skills with an ability to plan ahead, anticipate requirements, problems and obstacles, and an ability to juggle competing priorities successfully, and to work to tight deadlines;
- Self-motivated and able to work with a high degree of autonomy;
- Ability to produce high-quality written materials, including graphically-based PowerPoint presentations as well as text documents;
- Fully committed and motivated to achieve the aims of the UN World Food Programme;
- Ability to build trustworthy interpersonal relationships with participants;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.