- DATE :
- REGION :
Youth Peace Initiative External Activities Officer
The Youth Peace Initiative (YPI) is a young and dynamic organisation that facilitates youth in conflict areas to participate in peace processes. It does so by organising international programmes and conferences in conflict regions as well as in The Netherlands. At the moment YPI’s focus is on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. In addition, YPI sets up activities for Dutch and international youth in the Netherlands to engage with peace issues, and co-organises the (international) Youth Carnegie Peace Prize in collaboration with ‘UNOY’ and the ‘Carnegie Foundation.’
At the moment YPI is looking for an External Activities Officer in the Netherlands whose main tasks consist of organising workshops and conferences in the Netherlands, including the Youth Carnegie Peace Prize 2020. The External Activities Officer is expected to actively search for new opportunities and activities for YPI and its participants. We are looking for a confident and proactive team member with a strong work ethic and strong organisation skills. As our work relies on trust and impartiality, YPI encourages people to apply with an open disposition and an affinity for diplomatic representation.
In return, YPI offers you the opportunity to contribute to a new generation of peacemakers, to apply your creativity and to expand your network in international relations. Please note that this concerns a voluntary part-time position (10 hours per
week on average).
- Between the ages of 18-29
- A dynamic team player
- Pro-active, creative, and diplomatic by nature (with a drive to change the world)
- Interested in conflict resolution, international politics, law and peace issues
- Familiarity with Middle Eastern conflicts (particularly the Israeli/Palestinian) is an
- Fluent in English
- Skilled in organising activities and events
- Able to maintain networks on an international level
- Adaptive to new and ever changing situations with a ‘Can Do’ attitude
- Living in the Netherlands in traveling distance from The Hague
- Reliable, structured, organised and responsible
Previous experiences in a similar position is an advantage, but not a must.
If you are excited to join, send your CV and Motivation Letter (500 words max.) by 14 April 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “Your Name” YPI 2019 – External Activities Officer Vacancy’