- DATE :
- REGION :
Ashoka Africa Social Investment Accelerator 2018
CREATE AN ACCOUNT AND FILL THE APPLICATION HERE
DEADLINE: 21tst May 2018
For 35 years, Ashoka has pioneered the field of social entrepreneurship – finding, selecting and supporting some of the world’s leading social entrepreneurs. The Social Investment Accelerator program aims to support social entrepreneurs to refine their business model and become investment ready. It also aims to support them to find the right hybrid corporate structure to access both investment and philanthropy efficiently. The outcome at the end of the program is to produce a pitch deck, that you will be able to share with potential investors.
- Finalists will participate in a two-day bootcamp in September 2018 in South Africa during which the first 4 modules of the toolkit will be addressed with all the social entrepreneurs, mentors, and experts.
- An online mentoring program will approach the other 4 modules over the 4-month period after the Bootcamp. Each session (1 month = 1 module) will include a webinar with Mark Cheng, Ashoka Europe Director and Social Impact Investor, exercises to produce some slides (4-6) on each topic and collective Q&A. You will connect on a weekly basis with your mentors, who will provide feedback and advice. The outcome at the end of the online mentoring program is to produce a 30-40 slides deck (some slides will be produced during each module): the pitch deck will serve as a helpful tool for future pitch investment opportunities.
- Join exclusive, online ‘peer’ calls, to network and exchange ideas with other shortlisted innovators and receive mentorship guidance from 3 selected professionals.
- Have access to an exclusive network of Ashoka Fellows and partners.
- Meet inspiring and innovative entrepreneurs.
- The opportunity to pitch their business case to a panel of social impact investors during the closing event in February 2019.
- Travel costs to the boot camp and the closing pitching event will be covered for the 12 selected entrepreneurs (travel costs for one (1) team member per organisation will be covered).
The social entrepreneur/enterprise must:
- Be legally registered in its country of operations.
- Be based in South, East or North Africa.
- Be built on a viable /sustainable business model, have a market-based approach.
- Be looking to raise investment (angel, debt or equity).
- Have at least 2 years of operations and of generating revenues.
- Have the potential to scale and replicate in other settings or communities.
- Have promise of substantial social impact through programs focussed on economic development, agriculture, nutrition, healthcare, education, as well as water and sanitation.
- Have a team of minimum 5 people, with at least 2 English speaking persons who can dedicate time to the program.
Note: Quantifiable results and testimonies often help to demonstrate the potential for social impact of a project. (include)
For more info click here