- DATE :
- REGION :
GBSN-Developing Deans Program 2018
Application template HERE
Deadline: April 13, 2018.
Business school deans and directors face similar challenges when first assuming their positions: setting strategy, managing risks, supporting faculty, and leading a diverse group of stakeholders. For those leading institutions in the developing world, these tasks may seem daunting or take a back seat to day-to-day trials and tribulations.
GBSN’s Developing Deans Program takes a unique approach to prepare, support and connect new and aspiring deans and directors from business schools with operations in developing countries. The program showcases best practices in running a business school from world-class institutions while also taking a regional approach to understand how leading business operate effectively in their local context. Participants will develop projects addressing their school’s priorities and receive mentoring from experienced colleagues from around the world.
This program will help you to:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of administrative and academic leadership within a business school
- Be exposed to best practices in business school administration
- Address a priority or challenge within the business school through the Applied Leadership Project
The program is offered from July 23, 2018 – November 9, 2018.
A cohort of 20 participants will be chosen through an application process. To be considered for the program, you must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be a Dean/Director or Associate Dean/Associate Director or the equivalent for less than 5 years or have recently transitioned to a new school
- If an aspiring Dean/Director, you must be a senior faculty with aspirations to become a Dean/Director within the next 5 years
- Must be employed at a degree-granting business school with operations in a developing country, particularly within Latin America, Middle East and Northern Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa
TUITION FEES:Early-bird Fee (Available until April 13, 2018)
- GBSN Member Schools: $4,200
- Non-GBSN Member Schools: $5,700
Regular Fee (In effect after April 13, 2018)
- GBSN Member Schools: $5,000
- Non-GBSN Member Schools: $6,500
- 9.5 days in-person residencies developed by leading business schools
- Access to virtual mentoring by respected current and former Deans
- Free admittance to GBSN 2018 Annual Conference and Gala in Nairobi, Kenya
Participants will need to cover any travel and accommodation costs at their own expense to participate in their program.
Limited scholarships may be available to select participants to assist with tuition, travel or accommodation costs.
Review in detail the application template for the process HERE