- DATE :
- REGION :
Speed@BDD Accelerator program for start-ups
Speed@BDD is a Beirut-based startup accelerator that invests cash in top-tier companies in the MENA region. It accepts startups at the idea and early stage, and is tasked with producing the region’s next high-growth businesses, particularly in the software, digital, and Web/mobile industries. Speed@BDD is a collaborative effort between Lebanon’s leading investment funds and entrepreneurship support organizations (Bader, Berytech, IM Capital, Lebanon for Entrepreneurs, Middle East Venture Partners).
Speed@BDD selects 20 startups per year over two cycles of three months each. Selected teams will have to commit full time and move to Beirut for the duration of the acceleration, which is 3 months.
Speed@BDD will take 10% equity from accelerated startups.
- Highly driven, passionate individuals who are open to learning and interacting with others
- At least one technical cofounder, and preferably a member with technical experience
- Founders should be open to feedback
- Open to establishing legal presence in Lebanon
- Primarily focused on software, digital media, Web and mobile
- Serves a large global market
- Innovative and strongly differentiated from competitors
- Scalable business model that offers strong growth potential
- Fill in the online application form
- Shortlisted start-ups are contacted for an interview
- Accelerated startups receive a $30,000 cashinjection, excluding in-kind services
- Extensive access to top mentors, experts, and industry connections
- Top teams will benefit from follow-on immersion in Silicon Valley