- DATE :
- REGION :
UNESCO Training workshop: Arab Youth advocating for gender equality and women rights
Application form HERE
A 3 day training workshop starting on 27 March and ending on 29 March 2018 will be organized by UNESCO).
The workshop will:
- Share good practices and lessons learnt from advocacy campaigns in preventing Gender Based Violence (GBV) and build capacity of youth advocates/ campaigners in this area
- Develop the strategic planning capacities, evidence-based knowledge, communication skills and effective commitment of partner youth organizations working on gender equality and women’s rights to plan a GBV prevention campaign nationally and/or regionally.
- Reinforce North-South-South networking and exchange of practices between Arab and European Youth organizations in order to cross their experiences in the field of gender mainstreaming within cultural heritage promotion and protection.
The training team includes focal points and experts from UNESCO and ABAAD), which is a nongovernmental
organization in Beirut (Lebanon). Arabic and English are the languages of the workshop.
A group of up to 20-25 participants (half of which will be young women) will be selected:
1) A participant will be up to 32 years old.
2) A NGO can submit one candidate by filling the application form
3) An affiliation to a national NET-MED Youth network would be a strong asset.
4) Commitment to share knowledge with peers and report the experience with the organizer.
- Nationality : UAE, Bahrain, Djibouti, Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Comoros, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Somalia, Syria, Tunisia and Yemen.
- Age: 33-100
- Interest: Human Rights, Gender Equality, Media and Journalism, Cultural Exchange and Languages, International Relations, Sociology.
- Specialities : Law and Human Rights, All specialities
- Education level: High School Diploma
- Languages: Arabic and English.
- Download and fill in the application form
- Email it to : email@example.com